It isn’t the complexity of words as much as the simplicity of your thought that makes content great.
Every day, many amateurs venture into this vast field of content writing, with each one of them having their own set of reasons. You might be doing it for sharing your knowledge, for exploring, for helping others, for tapping into its enormous financial potential, or for the sheer love of writing. Whatever your reasons be, there are few things that every beginner should keep in mind. These simple practices can help you get the most out of your content writing.
- Keep it simple: Content writing isn’t a rocket science, and we often tend to overcomplicate it. I see people trying to come up with decorative words which feel out of context and serve little purpose. My advice is to keep it simple and use the words you are most comfortable with. There is nothing wrong with using a simple language as it is the merit of your content that gives it its true value.
- Keep it concise: There is no point in beating around the bush just to make your content look lengthy. It does more harm than good. Every reader wants to grasp maximum knowledge from the least amount of reading. We live in a time where people have short attention spans. So brevity will serve both. Keep it crisp, to the point and you are good to go.
- Connect with the audience: While writing, keep your target audience in mind. Make your content relevant and relatable. You should be able to convey your point and that is the most essential part. Moreover, pages with specialized content are usually search-engine friendly and thus draw more audience.
- SEO: For those of you unaware of SEO, it is not a fancy post in a company. SEO stands for ‘Search Engine Optimization’. It simply means conforming your content such that it becomes easily discoverable by a search engine like Google. It involves using certain components like keywords and links in your website. So use it for your benefit. This video here will give you a basic idea about SEO: ‘What is SEO?‘.
- Providing value: Write something that would be of value to your target audience, whether it solves any problem or suggests a solution. Such content is usually more engaging and likable.
And lastly, do not forget to enjoy writing my friend. Because at the end of the day, you should be happy with what you’ve contributed.
Cheers! Keep writing.